The official Canterbury Bicycle Club app, powered by Map My Tracks, provides club members with all the latest event and ride information.
The CBC app includes:
- Upcoming/previous club rides
- Interactive route maps with route downloads and elevation profiles
- Live GPS tracking in conjunction with Map My Tracks
- Training leader boards
- Club member profiles
- Club news
- Ride photos
- Social map
The app is available to download from the App Store and Google Play. The app is free to download and use. A Map My Tracks login account is only required for club members who want to include their training and club rides in the app.
The app is compatible for iPhones/iPads running at least iOS 8 and Android phone/tablet devices running at least Android 4.4.4.
Here are a few tips on how to get the most out out the CBC app.
- Create a Map My Tracks account. This will let you log into the CBC app.
- Join the CBC club on Map My Tracks. This will get you featured on the leader board.
- Start uploading your rides to Map My Tracks to have them included on the leader boards.
The app works best when your rides are uploaded to Map My Tracks. If you do not use Map My Tracks then it is possible to connect the CBC app to other services.
Upload to Garmin Connect? Then login into your Map My Tracks account and connect it Garmin Connect. Once that is done, Garmin Connect will sync any rides you upload to Map My Tracks and in turn the CBC app. This will result in your CBC profile featuring full details of individual rides and also contribute to the leader board.
Upload to Strava? Then login into the CBC app, go to your profile, tap on Settings and choose Strava as the training source. Once that is done, all your new rides will contribute to the leader board but you will not see a list of rides in your profile. If you want that, choose Map My Tracks as your training source.